The lobby is often the first point of interaction between your business and your clients, visitors, or even potential employees. As such, it serves as the stage for your first impression. Custom lobby signs can be instrumental in making that impression lasting and positive. Here, we outline some considerations for selecting the perfect lobby sign for your establishment.
Overview of Lobby Signs
When people enter your business, lobby signs are the first impression they get. These signs can be both practical and visually appealing, serving various functions, such as improving your brand’s image, providing directions, and setting the tone for what visitors can expect from your organization. Whether you prefer a simple, modern look or a more detailed and informative design, lobby signs can be tailored to reflect your brand’s identity and communicate your desired message.
Ideal Locations for Lobby Signs
Placement is key when it comes to lobby signs. A well-positioned sign can draw attention and guide visitors entering your premises. The most common locations include:
- Behind the Reception Desk: This offers a focal point as visitors check in.
- Entryway: Placed near the entrance, this welcomes visitors right as they walk in.
- Waiting Area: Strategically positioned signs can offer information or entertainment as guests wait.
Best Materials for Lobby Signs
Selecting the right material can set the tone for your entire space. Here are some popular choices:
- Acrylic: A versatile and modern option, acrylic signs offer a high-gloss finish and can be customized in various colors. They are also lightweight and durable, making them suitable for small and large signage.
- Metal: If you’re aiming for a more industrial or corporate feel, metal signs made of aluminum or stainless steel are excellent choices. They offer durability and a polished look that can be either glossy or matte.
- Wood: For organizations wanting to project a warm, natural, or rustic image, wooden signs are an excellent choice. They come in various stains and finishes, and their texture adds a unique, tactile element to your lobby.
- Glass: These materials exude luxury and sophistication. They can be etched or engraved with your company name and logo, offering a minimalist but impactful presentation.
- Mixed Materials: Combining different materials can also be a creative way to make your sign stand out. For example, you could use a wood background with acrylic lettering or a metal sign with foam elements to create a multidimensional look.
What the Sign Should Include for Maximum Effect
For a lobby sign to be effective, it should serve more than an aesthetic purpose. Key elements to consider include:
- Business Name: This is a given but essential for branding.
- Logo: Helps in immediate brand recognition.
- Tagline or Services: Briefly describe what you do, orienting first-time visitors.
- Directional Information: Helpful in larger lobbies or facilities like hospitals where navigation can be challenging.
North Coast Signs offers comprehensive solutions for custom lobby signs. Contact us for a consultation to discuss your needs and explore a world of impactful custom lobby sign options.